RELOBIE Guide on Pedagogies in Video
Videos have been increasingly used in education and there exists already evidences on how they can be part of the teaching and learning process in various levels of education.
Videos can bring together image, interaction and integration for educational purposes. They are a gateway to link school to contemporary society, allowing to consider education from the perspective of complexity and being an important resource for a school that usually teaches with a linear approach.
Videos can be used in different course formats with different objectives and pedagogical goals and with different pedagogical approaches. However it is important to have in mind that technical aspects of video production are deeply related with pedagogical issues.
In this section, concrete examples about pedagogies in videos, planned to be an every-day-tool for teachers in both adult and higher education is presented.
Information and interviews about the following topics are presented in the links:
- What are videos used for in the teaching and learning process?
- Pedagogical approaches: from a teacher to a student centered approach
- Using videos in different course formats
- How to use videos as a resource for teaching and learning
- Are videos an effective instructional tool?
- Overcoming barriers to the educational use of videos